Property articles.

Tabien Baan – Thai house book

Tabien Baan, or in English a Thai house book, is an address and residence registration booklet issued by the local government. Its sole purpose is to be a proof of legal residence for the people residing in the accommodation unit, whether it is a house or an apartment.

Continue reading

Loans for foreigners in Thailand

Financing and debt are some of the most popular forms of financial vehicles today. In fact, financing is almost always connected to buying a new property, whether the buyer has sufficient funding on their own or not, and can be thus seen as a means of leveraging investments.

Continue reading

Leasing a condominium in Thailand

The Condominium Act prohibits foreigners from owning more than 49% of all units in a condominium in Thailand. It does not specify, however, that Thai nationals must occupy the remaining 51% of the units. In practice, those condominium units can be let to foreigners on a leasehold.

Continue reading

Foreign ownership of a house in Thailand

Even though foreigners are not allowed to own land in Thailand, the situation of possessing a house is not as hopeless as it might seem. One way of achieving a similar result is leasing land under a land lease agreement registered with the land department and own the structure built on the leased...

Continue reading

Escrow account

Real estate jargon defines an escrow as an impartial holding of documents or funds related to the sale and transfer of a property. In a broader context, it is viewed as a temporary pass through account held by a third party during the process of a transaction between two parties.

Continue reading

Condominium vs. apartment building

Not all apartment buildings in Thailand were created equal. On the one hand, there are condominiums licensed and registered under the Thailand Condominium Act and on the other, there are holiday “leasehold” apartments. While they may often times look indistinguishable from one another, there are a...

Continue reading

Buying land and house in Thailand

The ownership of land and real estate by foreigners has been limited by the Thai government to protect the Thais. If this would not be the case and foreigners, still being more financially strong, could buy as much property as they want, the real estate prices would increase quickly. Thai people would...

Continue reading

Buying a condominium in Thailand

While buying and fully owning a house (or land) in Thailand has proven to be difficult for foreigners, purchasing a condominium is relatively easy and much more straightforward. The only limitation levied upon foreign ownership is that foreign owners are not allowed to own more than 49% of all units...

Continue reading

Questions? Speak to our experts.

We are available Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm (UTC+7).
© Acclime 2020 | Privacy policy