Thailand pre-work permit WP3.

In principle, any foreigner can apply for a business visa at the Thai Embassy abroad. You only need a company registered for VAT to support your application. Upon receipt, that person can enter Thailand, stay here for three months (single entry) and in that time apply for their work permit. With the work permit in hand, it is possible to obtain the one-year visa extension at the Thai Immigration Department.

However, for certain nationalities, there is a different process. Before being able to apply for a 90 days business visa at the Thai Embassy abroad, they need to first obtain a pre-approval of the work permit (called the ‘WP3’).

The different steps to be taken are thus:

  • Set up a company and register it for VAT
  • Register four Thai employees into the social fund
  • Thai lawyer applying for your WP3 in Thailand (while you are abroad)
  • Application for the 90 days business visa at a Thai Embassy
  • Enter the country and pick up the work permit
  • Apply for the one-year business visa extension
Did you find this article useful?

Share it with your friends or colleagues.

About Acclime.

As a leading provider of corporate services, we specialise in covering everything startups and established companies need to successfully start and operate their new business in Thailand. By seamlessly navigating our clients through the complexities of Thai bureaucracy, we allow them to fully focus on their business and operate it with peace of mind.

Questions? Speak to our experts.

We are available Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm (UTC+7).
© Acclime 2020 | Privacy policy