for a permanent residency.
A foreign national who has legally entered Thailand through an immigration checkpoint
- Who is free of disease
Has a monthly income of at least 30,000 THB (if married) or 80,000 THB (single) and can proof this by providing three years of tax statements
- Him/her permanently residing in Thailand will be of benefit to the country and his/her business will thus not compete with local business in a way that domestic business is extinguished or diminished
- Falls within one of the categories as mentioned below
Categories and process.
- Has made a significant investment in Thailand
- Is an executive officer and a signatory of a Thai business with a capital of at least 10M THB for at least one year. He must have had a work permit for three years and a salary of at least 80,000 THB per month since two years.
- Is married to, has a child – single and younger than 20 years – or is a parent of a permanent resident or Thai citizen (supporter). The last category is for foreign experts, holding a Bachelor or higher degree, and having worked here for at least three consecutive years.