TAT tourism license
The travel and tour guide business is regulated by the Tourist Business and Guide Act. Before engaging in the tourist business, one has to apply for a TAT license (Tourism Authority of Thailand) with the Tourist Business and Guide Registration Office.
Tourism laws in Thailand.
With the travel and tour guide business being a restricted activity under the Foreign Business Act, a foreigner that wants to get involved in the tourist business will have to incorporate a juristic person to apply for the TAT license.
The following conditions have to be fulfilled in case the applicant is a natural person:
- Being of Thai nationality
- Being not less than 20 years old
- Having domicile or residence in the Kingdom of Thailand
- Not being bankrupt
- Not being a lunatic or incompetent or quasi-incompetent person
- Not being a person whose license is being suspended
- Not being a person whose license has been revoked five years prior to the current application
The company will have to have the following characteristics:
- Being registered under Thai Law
- Having as its business purpose to support business tourists in Thailand
- All unlimited liabilities must be of Thai nationality
- Of a limited company, not less than half of the directors must be of Thai Nationality and not less than 51% of the capital must be owned by natural persons that are of Thai nationality
- TAT license application form, signed by a Thai director and stamped with the seal of the company
- Certificate of Registration and objectives of the company under the Civil and Commercial Code (not older than one month). Do note, only a Thai director has the power to sign and stamp the seal of the company.
- List of shareholders’ names, certified by The Minister of Commerce
- Memorandum of association which must be certified by The Minister of Commerce
- Company’s regulation or report of company establishment’s meeting (If the company has no the company’s regulation) which must be certified by The Minister of Commerce
- Copy of the director’s personal ID card and his registered address which must be certified by the director
- Seal of the company
- Two photos of the front of the office (showing the address and nameplate)
- A map of the office
- Ownership or possession evidence of the office
- Power of Attorney
- Guarantee, cash or cashier’s check which is used as security
- Outbound: security of 200,000 THB and a government fee of 500 THB
- Inbound: security of 100,000 THB and a government fee of 500 THB
- Domestic: security of 50,000 THB and a government fee of 300 THB